Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Call Me The Wild Child....

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. At least in my mind I do. Tony is going out of town for most of the weekend. Insert little puffy pop ups here....



Girls gone wild weekend??? Drinking? Doing stupid things you would never tell another soul or remember in the morning???

(NOT me or anyone I know)

Ummmm....Nope. Not me.

Want to know what I plan on doing?

Highlight Hair....


Bake Betty Crocker style....or cook like Donna Reed...


Attempt a few (or one (or two)) DIY projects that
I keep wanting to try...(it's better to start small, right?)




Check out the NEW T.J. Maxx that opens THIS WEEKEND!
Yep...I'm a real wild child all right. I guess I'd rather play Susy Homemaker for the weekend. And this really does seem realistic in my head. But $10 says I don't get half of this done. I have really good intentions. Oh, yea...I forgot to mention, I'm meeting two of my bridesmaids to look at dresses Saturday morning. So basically, all these "plans" are going to happen between Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I'll let you know how that turns out for me. I'm determined to have a fun yet accomplished weekend, by myself. Just imagine Tony coming home to a "new" me, an updated house and some yummy cinnamon rolls just waiting for him. And in NO way does Tony ask or expect those things of me. I'm nippin' that in the bud right now. I LIKE surprising him with stuff like that. It makes me feel good. It's my way of showing him that I appreciate what He does for ME. So....yeah.....

I happened to stumble across a new blog today that I absolutely fell in love with. Not ONLY do we both have the same awesome name....she is my DIYer idol. I don't know her...but if I did, I think we would be the best of friends. Seriously. Quit laughing. She is WAYYYY more handy at making her own furniture than I am (at this point in my life). But to be fair, I've never actually tried. I'm not sure when in my hectic schedule I'm supposed to learn to do that, but I'm hoping that maybe her blog will inspire me to try in the near future (within the next 2 years). What? I like to give myself a big window so I don't feel disappointed with myself when in 4 months from now our house looks exactly the same. Hold up...maybe I do need to push myself more. I don't want the same decor 4 months from now. I've been living with it for 2 years now. Look at that....I just felt myself "grow" a little. I will now set goals FOR THE HOUSE. Bam. I just gave myself a new rule to live by.

Holy cow...that was a babble session.

Here is the site that I fell in love with.



Check it out. If you like to DIY you will find something that inspires you on this site. I am determined to try some of these. But I can tell you this....I found her site because I was looking up burlap curtains. So I'm hoping that MAYBE I will get around to trying that this weekend. And I have my Grandmother's old desk to refinish. Check back with me on Monday to see what I was all able to accomplish. I'm going to try super hard since I now have people to report to. :)

And with that my friends, have a lovely evening and a fantastic weekend!

What do you have planned to do around the house this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment