Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Peek of Spring

It's Tuesday and while my husband is sitting through 2 days of meetings, I tagged along so that I can get a little R&R. I'm sitting in our hotel room painting my toes, watching HGTV and waiting to hit up the spa for some whirlpool pampering and later, my Aromatherapy massage. Ahhh, the good life. A girl could get used to this...

But while I'm waiting I thought I would share my first attempt at a burlap wreath. I started by using this tutorial. And it was useful for 5 minutes. Then, if you're anything like me...you just say to hell with instructions and start doing whatever looks good. It doesn't help the photo's on the tutorial were not the best but I'm actually pretty happy with how mine turned out. I just won't be showing you any step by steps because, honestly, I'm not sure I could do exactly what I did, over again. Also, I read that you should have 12-15 yards of 5-9" burlap. This is where not listening got me. I ran out 3/4 of the way through and had to scrounge through my craft supplies to find a piece of burlap that I could cut up (and matched color!) and use to finish the rest of the wreath. But I did it! Then you can decorate as you wish.

Tip: I used wrapped wire to secure my additional pieces,
so that it blended with the burlap

Voila! My first DIY burlap wreath!
I still may tweak my Spring add-ons around but right now, this is where it's at and it's MUCH better than the snow covered swag that was on the door from winter. I'm so DONE with winter!

We have so many projects going on right now. Hopefully I'll be able to share my kitchen project with you very soon...

And then the desk I'm refinishing...

And maybe by then we'll have landscaping projects! Spring really is coming folks....we just have to be patient...only hopefully not until June.

And with that, I'm going to go hit the pool. Or at least chillax next to it with a good book. Nothing better than the smell of chlorine and a thrilling novel to get the cold winter thoughts cleared out of my head...

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment