Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Inspired....

Lately I have been obsessed with HGTV shows. Most recently I've been "fixated" on (haha) Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gains. You can visit her blog here. She has really inspired me and gotten my creative juices flowing. I mentioned to my husband today that I would love to meet this woman. I really feel that she must be a truly sincere and thoughtful individual. Not to mention, she has awesome talent. Lately, after watching this show and reading her blog, I suddenly want to tackle all the projects that I've been nervous about starting and I have innovative ideas coming at me full speed. (Heck...I was even trying to help a friend figure out how to use a bee-house they found at a flea market in their home. It didn't pan out but still... ;)  )

I'm realizing that I don't have to have everyone approve of what we do or to be as excited as I am about what I envision. It just has to be a house that my husband and I love to be in and what makes it our home. What a refreshing thought.

A great example is that we are absolutely thrilled with how our bathroom is turning out. And while others may think it's a bit off the beaten path, we think it's pretty cool. And in the end, I know that it will still function the way we need it to. I'm not worried. We got this.

I'm a little behind but I've been wanting to share a few sneak peeks of our bathroom as it's coming along. So. In. Love. I do believe it's going to be my favorite room in the house. When you can't find me....look in the bathroom. I'll just be hanging out. Admiring the colors and textures. Patting myself on the back for making good choices (if I may say so myself). I'll let the husband know he did a pretty good job too.... :)

This is before we were able to shower.
Shower, paint and floor are complete.

Building our own vanity. A little peek.
Just wait until it's done!!!

Lousy phone photo but...TA DA!!
My striped wall.This doesn't do it justice!


Ahhh! I just can't wait to get things finished up. It's the fun part putting it all back together. We are getting closer and closer to having a real bathroom once again. And honestly, even though it took longer than we both had anticipated...it makes me want to tackle the next room. I think we make a good team and we're going to have a home that will reflect who we both are.

However, we ARE going to actually take time off and have a FUN day on Friday....Independence Day. I am doing my best to enjoy all my moments of time off this summer and to make them memorable. So a little family time is in order for the 4th. I'm excited about Friday morning because I offered to make a farm house style breakfast for my parents. I intend on making it legit...windows open, bacon frying, fresh bread and an apron (anyone want to loan me an apron???)  And then we're hoping to get some lake time in the afternoon. I see a day of R&R ahead....Cannot wait!

BUT...I do have to work tomorrow, so with that I better get to bed! Morning comes way to quickly!
What will you be doing this 4th of July???

Goodnight my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment