Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Goodbye Wonderful Weekend...

Hello Monday.....

After such a lovely, relaxing and enjoyable weekend, it makes Monday all the harder to face. Thankfully I got to have a couple of these babies (below) for breakfast and let me tell you, they are nothing to sneeze at, even when nuked for left overs. Banana Bread Pancakes...yummmmm.....Now, we like our pancakes a little crisp from the oil but check out the recipe here if you want to enjoy these glorious pancakes yourself (and see more delicious images). It's genius. True genius.



Now hopefully you're still reading. Normally I give the good stuff at the end of a post, thereby, making sure that everyone has read my jibber jabber, but I was feeling gracious this morning. You're welcome.

Those pancakes were actually the farewell to a great weekend. We ended our day with breakfast for dinner. Nothing could have topped those fluffy little cakes, drizzled in maple glaze and smearing Nueske's bacon in the remaining syrup. And if you've never had Nueske's bacon, well, you're missing out right there.

But anyways. Enough about pancakes...and bacon. I'm getting hungry.

I finally had a weekend somewhat to myself. I love Tony dearly, but sometimes you just need some time away and we both were finally able to enjoy a little time apart. Saturday I was actually able to go shopping, for the afternoon, with a girlfriend.  This NEVER happens. In fact, I can't quite remember the last time I had girl time. Or shopping time for that matter. We both have a wedding to go to in two weeks so we both wanted to find a smart new outfit to wear. After the typical shopping crash and feeling slightly defeated, we regrouped with a pit stop for a fresh pretzel and lemonade. Then it was full speed ahead, resulting in two fantastic outfits that will totally make us feel like "Dancing Queens" (after a couple cocktails) come the reception. After an exhausting shopping trip we met up with our men for a cookout and had an evening full of good food, cocktails and a few games of pool. It was a great way to end the day. Take that back. 10 hours of sleep was a great way to end the day. We were in bed by 9. Yep...we lead a rock star life.

Sunday, however, was MY day. I had a great ride on my horse, Dash, in the morning. I did a little bit of tidying up while being home ALONE. I tackled my first *DIY home edition project. And finished the afternoon off with an abundant supply of wedding movies while working on a wedding project. After cooking breakfast for dinner, Tony and I enjoyed the remainder of the evening together, watching a movie. All in all it was a great weekend. I didn't get any big things accomplished but I did check one thing off my list...RELAX. Really, you should try it. It's a wonderful thing.

Have a wonderful and fast work week!

My DIY bathroom project.
*(I printed off my own colored sign, used scrap paper for a border  and purchased frames from Hobby Lobby. I did another one with a singing quote above the hanging hand towel. This way I won't ruin any expensive prints with the moisture and I can change the images whenever I want.)
























.

No comments:

Post a Comment