Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Say Yes To The Dress....

I have ordered my wedding dress! It is THE dress! If any of you are currently planning a wedding, or have already gotten married, you have heard the saying "you'll know when it's the one." (Clearly there is a pattern here since I heard the same thing about love). And by golly, they are right!

I tried on dress after dress, some stunning, some ridiculously uncomfortable ( I mean, if you can't move your legs, how are you supposed to do your crazy dance moves???) and some that just were not meant for curvy women. And then I had on a dress that I thought was "the one". Until I looked at the price tag. Whoops. How did that get in there??? I must have been in wedding dress la la land. And that my friends, is why you NEVER, EVER, EVER try on a dress that you cannot afford. I was SO bummed out. I thought I had found my dream dress and I would have had to put 1/3 of my darn budget on the dress. That I will wear ONCE. For a few measly hours. And of course the dress that I had loved before that one, just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I put it back on and I just didn't feel it. Of course my mom and a couple of my bridesmaids (I would really like to have initials for the word bridesmaid but I just don't think "my bm's" would be a preferred reference) tried convincing me that is was just as gorgeous but sadly the damage was done.

At this point I was feeling a little desperate to find something that would make me forget the costly dress. I meekly told the dress assistant that I had seen something when I walked in. I found it and I even said "I don't know, this is pretty plain. I'm not sure I like it" but then said "what the heck, I'm here. Let's try it on." And BAM! Just like that I KNEW! I put it on (although I almost didn't get it over my dang hips) and I was all "Oh em gee" and when I walked out and heard 3 intakes of breath I knew I had found a keeper. AND it was in my price range. Praise Jesus! And you know it's THE dress when you don't want to take it off. Ever. And you parade around the pedestal and then gather the dress in your hands and start doing a little hill billy dance. Ok, I didn't actually do the dance but in my mind I was.

I even went back with my mom the other day to make sure it was still the one. It most definitely is. And I can't wait for Tony to see me in it. He may be a boots, jeans and tee kind of guy but there will be NOTHING to scoff at on this dress.

Now I have to find boots. That's right. I said boots. Would you expect anything less? I'll show you some of the ones I like but you'll have to wait to find out which ones I go with!!



Something neutral?


Something blue?


Something different?

No comments:

Post a Comment