Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

From Hunt Boots to Baked Goods

Blackwolf Steal Yo Thunda &I
And I'm back! For those of you that actually like to listen to my babbling...I'm sorry for the delay in another post. I was on vacation for the one big horse show I get to go to this year. It was a great vacation, an awesome horse show and an exhausting, but completely worth it, 6 days. Long story short, we took two horses. And by we, I mean myself and my little, 14 year old, sidekick, Jazzerjod, who leases my oldest gelding. We had a fantastic horse show! I rode my home bred gelding, Blackwolf Steal Yo Thunda and after a mishap in the first class, he came back with a bang. We won our first blue together and ended up Reserve in the AOTS Championship (which means he is Amateur owned/trained/shown). This is only our second year under saddle, and considering that I ride maybe 2 or 3 times a week, I am super proud of how we did. Next year we are going for Grand Champion! (AND winning the Jackpot!!)  :)
 Jazzerjod totally rocked her division of the show with a first, Grand Champion, second and Reserve Champion. I am super proud of her and Scooter! (And we ALL know that Scooter is "Naughty But Nice" as he well proved with my * lil' BryBee!)  Jazzerjod has worked so hard and has taken her goals very seriously. She has been extremely determined to become a better rider and it is the most rewarding experience to witness that.

 













* lil' BryBee used to show with me when I trained professionally. She has been out of the horse world for the past few years and after spending a couple days at the show just to hang out, decided to show Scooter in a class. It wasn't pretty since she had a naughty horse (who we later learned had to go potty)...but it sure was fun.


Me and my "lil" BryBee together again!

After a long and eventful week it's taken me a few days to catch up on sleep and have even an ounce of energy. (I remember the days when I was 16 and HATED the end of a show. Now I can't wait for bed!) And if that hadn't kept me busy enough, we are having EAA guests staying with us again this year. They arrived on Tuesday and left today. Wednesday night I decided to get back to a normal life and make something scrumptious for our guests to enjoy before they leave. Now don't be fooled, WE already taste tested them. But I sent a "care" package with our guests so they can snack on their flight home. We had to make sure they passed approval first...right???

Now I ALWAYS choose to make chocolate desserts. Chocolate is my one true love favorite. I could eat, sleep and breathe chocolate. Literally. If it were possible. Tony thinks I'm strange (tell me something I didn't already know) but I think it's just a woman thing. Tell me a guy who craves chocolate the way I do and I might look at him a little strangely. However...I'm getting off point here. Yesterday I decided it was time to try something new and totally unlike me. Ok, so there is a little chocolate involved, but it's mostly multitudes of sugar, sugar, sugar and butter. Nummmmmm.......what could possibly be bad about that? Now you're wondering, what the HECK did I make?! Well they're super easy and mm... mm...good....they're M&M Blondie Bars.

Samoa M&M Blondie Bars
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/3 table salt)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 (12 oz.) bag mini M&Ms (with a few reserved for the top)
 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it browns and begins to smell nutty (watch it closely so it doesn’t burn). Allow the butter to cool slightly.


In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned butter and sugars.
Stir in eggs, vanilla and salt. 
(Sorry for the not so great photo's. I had to use my phone)

Add the flour and stir just until combined.
Add  the coconut and M&Ms
and stir to combine.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
Sprinkle a few additional M&Ms on top.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!!

 
Thanks to http://eatatallies.com/2010/08/samoa-m-blondies/ for the recipe inspiration. I came across her blog through Pinterest and she has lots of good looking desserts that I just might have to try. Now that my horse show season is done early (due to having a dream wedding to plan and afford) I will have more time to bake and start my DIY wedding plans. Now the goal is to bake WITHOUT putting weight on for the wedding!! I guess I'm just going to have to pass it on to family and let them deal with the consequences! :)

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment