Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Snapshots and a Room Makeover (in progress)...

Good morning friends! Thank you all so much for the love on my Anniversary post. It took me almost a week to write it because I did so much "rewriting". When I talk about our wedding I tend to start sounding like a teenager and get a little long winded because I never thought the day would happen.

So thank you for reading.

We had a very nice and relaxing Anniversary weekend. We decided to just get in the car and drive. We headed to Port Washington (WI), Cedarburg and ended up in Milwaukee.

We had never been to Port Washington before but I suggested it since my husband is rather fond of fishing and the water. Sitting on a patio, overlooking Lake Michigan, enjoying Bloody Mary's, we just enjoyed having a Saturday together and watched all the boats coming in. The harbor was absolutely breathtaking.

And while I love taking photo's of EVERYTHING...I learned it's quite challenging to take a photo that express's just how amazing a view is. It's actually a little frustrating. (Because I like to be instantly good at things...I can't help it.)

After many deleted images this is what I got:

The Goose that I wanted to take home. Poor Goose.



We went in just to smell it. Amazing.
And I loved the sign. Definitely photo worthy.
Someone doesn't know how to take pictures of people. But it's ok.
Look at that background! It's prettier than we are.
 Then we headed towards Cedarburg. To be more specific, Cedarburg Covered Bridge Park. It's one of the last remaining original covered bridges in the State. I wanted to try my hand at some photo's there. However, I wasn't able to get the ones I wanted because, darn it, there were other people there (insert sarcasm) and also because my husband decided to be un-photogenic. 

Can you not just envision those old black cars rolling through here???


See what I mean?
I'm getting the "Put the camera down" lecture.

Still got you, my handsome husband. ;)
 Then we hit up Cedarburg. I'm not sure how many of you have been there but if I didn't have 5 horses (and I house that I am totally in love with....well and obviously a husband too) I would move there. It's such a quaint little town. Everything has so much character and you feel like you've entered a real life Hallmark town. If you haven't been there, GO! And make sure to check out the Bloody Mary's at Easy Street, the wraps at Settler's Inn and the biggest, most delectable caramel apples at Amy's Gourmet Apples. We weren't able to get a caramel apple this time around because it would've melted. But we'll be back. I want to go back to see how they decorate for Halloween. I'll bet it's straight out of a movie.


My husband said he could be a pro photographer.
I'll let you be the judge of that.

I'm obsessed with this view.

I needed a model (or husband) standing on that walkway. Am I right?!

We ended up in Milwaukee where we checked out the Indian Summer Festival at the Henry Maier Festival Park. It was fun to people watch and eat lots of totally unhealthy, sinful, soul filling food. We did some ear candling (look it up) and walked around checking out all things Native American. I saw a man dressed as a Medicine man and he looked so authentic that I wanted to get my picture taken with him. In the end, I decided I was much more afraid of him. I was so busy people watching I forgot to take pictures of some of the costumes! 

View outside the Park.
Milwaukee skyline.
It was a great day spent together!
It was definitely an enjoyable day of celebrating our first year as a married couple. The good news is that even though we may drive each other crazy, we still enjoy spending time together just the two us. (Hey...it's been 5 1/2 years. We argue over directions while driving. Every. Single. Time) ;)

Ok so this blog post actually started with the intent of showing you a BEFORE of our small extra room, turned bedroom/office space. I figure if I show you before photo's that it will give me more motivation to keep going with it and get it finished. I'm tired of saying "I'll get to it". 

So now I'm saying "Let's do this". (Cue Home Depot music)

This was a second doorway off the living room.
We're turning this into a small bedroom/office space
so we closed it in.

The open doorway from the living room.
And yes, that's a sneak peak at the color going up.

Full of STUFF!
It's been a catch all room. It's had my crafting stuff, wedding gifts, extra furniture, Mary Kay stuff and piles of paper. After a year and almost 2 months of living here, enough is enough. 

Now I should get off blogging and go start painting! I'll keep you all posted!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!









No comments:

Post a Comment