Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

And the Highlight of the Week is?

Can I share what I had for dinner last night? (I meant to show you last night but I got tired. And went to bed. At 9:30. But truly it's the most exciting thing I did all week!)

No, it's not homemade.

But it's still picture worthy....

Num num num.....
SUSHI! I am now in love with it. My VERY first time ever trying sushi I was not such a fan. I tried a piece of my friends one night and it was just ok. It was not something I would order.

Fast forward a year. There is a new Japanese sushi and habachi restaurant near my work, that just opened.The owners recently moved here from New York and they are authentic. Tony and I decided to have a date night there. I had met the owners from their many visits to where I work. Our company had helped them get their phone/internet/tv up and running while they were trying to open. When we walked in one of the owners recognized me right away and within a few minutes of sitting down, he brought us a plate of sushi. I had wanted to try sushi again but I didn't know what to get. I'm NOT a fish girl. But I will try new things. So needless to say, I was worried. When I asked him what it was he said "not on menu". Oh boy.

Tony wasted no time in trying one. I was afraid he would gag or spit it out because he does NOT like to try new things. But the moment it was in his mouth, his eyes got huge and he said..."oh..my...God! That's good!" To this day I still have no idea what it was but it got me hooked.

For the last two weeks I've been getting the sushi urge. I finally decided what better way to spend my last night alone!? I got brave, dialed and ordered something new. (The Oshkosh Roll was shrimp tempura, avocado and spicy kani crunchy on top w. special sauce) It. Was. AWESOME!!! (sung in a high note) I could eat it again. Right now. (So everyone in the surrounding Oshkosh area...go to Sakura's right now!!!) ( I wonder if I can get commission???)

Now for the real reason behind my random babbling...we are getting our engagement pictures taken tomorrow! I am super excited. I'm not sure if other people get this excited but for me it means we are a little closer to getting married. I have been trying on outfits all week long, second guessing myself, over thinking things. I can honestly say if Tony knew this, he would be very glad he was gone all week! I just want them to look perfect. And look like us. It's easy to get caught up in the thought of what engagement pictures should look like...but then you have to step back and ask, "is this something I would really wear?" That being said, I'm now very excited (have I said excited enough???) because I know we are staying true to us. Like I said...I do over think things. :)


With us getting our pictures taken, it made me realize that most people do not know the story of how we met. Stay tuned because that, my friends, is next!

I'll share with you, the ring. It's perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment