Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just Stay Busy...Bake and Blog!

If you are friends with me on Facebook then you are already well aware...I miss Tony. He's gone to training for work all week. I do believe it's the first full week we've ever spent apart since we've started dating. Normally I can make it through the first couple days just fine. But he's been gone 2 whole days (technically I did see him yesterday morning before he left) and I miss him like crazy. But I guess that's a good thing, rather than thinking "Phew I'm glad he's gone!" 

Since I have alone time I find that I like to keep myself busy with little things. Like...BAKING! I made a recipe that I found, once again, on Pinterest. Banana Bread Brownies. Everything I like rolled into one. Banana bread. Chocolate. And a brownie! HOLLA!! I happened to have everything on hand and they were super simple to throw together. Mine took a little longer to bake than the suggested time but they still turned out fantastic. Now, the goal is to NOT eat the whole pan...by myself. I just wanted a couple little pieces to cure my chocolate craving and to magically make my night into no ordinary night!

I would bake again tonight but really....I don't need any more sweets. I'm already gifting some Banana Bread Brownies to family and friends tomorrow when I see them. They just don't know it yet. Yep, that's right. I'll bake the night away, indulge in a few pieces of banana/chocolate bliss and then kindly give the other 3/4 of the pan away to my loved ones, where they can then deal with the issues of calories and sweet temptation. They can't say I've never done anything for them... ;)

While nibbling away on my little scrumptious brownie, I decided to Google wedding invites. I really want to make ours personal and create them myself but I need some inspiration. After some brief searching I quickly realized that I can't just get started and create a masterpiece. Did anyone else have a clue that their were A-7's and A-1 sizes???? WHAT??? I had never even thought about what size an invite should be. I'm usually one to hop into a project and think about the details later. That definitely won't work this time. They have to be able to fit into these things called envelopes. Who knew? I guess I forgot about that step. Sigh....I must. Do. Research. This is why I am starting now. It's will take me a few times to figure out how to proceed. And I had thought this would be easy...HA!!!

Thank goodness I have 347 days left until THE Big Day!

Have a great night friends!!

I'm in love with these delectable little bars.

Ingredients
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
How to Make
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray, set aside
  3. In a medium sauce pan, combine butter and chocolate chips. Over medium-low heat, melt together, stirring occasionally. When melted, set aside to cool.
  4. In a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, sugar and vanilla. Stir in beaten eggs until evenly incorporated.
  5. Stir in flour and salt until just combined.
  6. Pour all but 1/4 cup melted chocolate into the banana mixture and stir.
  7. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and drizzle remaining 1/4 cup melted chocolate on top, and swirl it into the batter.
  8. Bake 25-30 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
  9. Brownies will be very dense.
  10. Cool completely and cut into squares.
***store in an airtight container for up to 3 days***

No comments:

Post a Comment