Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Boy Meets Girl

Our engagement photo session was an absolute blast! I had so much fun spending a gorgeous afternoon parading around The Little Farmer and Hobbs Woods with Tony and our personal friend and photographer, Keith, from Weich Photography. While I'm fairly comfortable having my picture taken, Tony is not, and therefore needed a little more guidance. We certainly had some good laughs while trying to come up with some of the poses! I'm so glad that we were able to use a friend to take our photo's. It made it a very memorable day and we felt completely at ease. And I'm SUPER thankful for Keith having the patience to deal with us!!! I cannot wait to see the photo's!

Now do you want to hear how Tony and I met?

If you don't, you can leave now.

If you do, continue reading!

Let's see...where do I begin?

From December 2008 to April 2009 I had a part time job at a local horse feed and natural pet food store. I had been training horses full time for the past 4-5 years and with the economy taking a hit, so did the horse business. This was just a temporary job until I decided what I wanted to do next.

One day towards the end of March a woman came in and was chatting with me. As I was checking out her purchases she asked me if my husband and I showed horses together. I chuckled and said "Um, no, I'm still single." What followed next was an "OH REALLY??? Because I have a good looking son and you are JUST his type." Oh brother. Everyone knows that every mother on the planet thinks her son is good looking. I just laughed (and pictured a skinny guy, with glasses and bad skin. And blonde hair. Sorry all you blonde guys. Nothing personal or anything). As she was leaving she said he had a motorcycle so if I ever saw a guy come to visit on a motorcycle, he was probably stopping to check me out.  FAAANTASTIC.

Fast forward two weeks later. I remember specifically that I didn't care what I looked like that day and had thrown my hair into a ponytail. What are the odds that was the day I heard a motorcycle pull up? Who else could it be? Who would show up at a feed store on a motorcycle? (Seriously...these are 50# plus bags we are talking about here It's not like they have a trunk).

In walked a young guy (he actually did try to look convincing by browsing the feed section) who I thought was indeed good looking. After a minute of pretending to be there for something else he came up and asked "are you the girl my mom told me about?" I laughed and said yes, that would be me. He asked me if I wanted to go out for drinks some time and then asked me for my number. I gave it to him but was convinced he was being polite and I would never hear from him again.

An hour later he sent me a text message and we text each other the rest of the day and for the entire next day. Two days later we went on our first "date". I guess it wasn't really considered a date since I met him at a place where he was hanging out with friends. However, we had such a fun time that he asked me out to dinner the next night. I said yes. (I later found out that he wanted me to say no just so he could give chase! Hell to the no! I was 26 and done with those games!) Needless to say we went on our first real date and the rest is history. We became inseparable. Through the last 3 1/2 years we've had our ups and downs but through everything we've only gotten closer. He is my best friend and I am his.

What I think is more ironic than anything else is that I never mentioned to Tony's mom that I only worked two days a week at that store. (Tony used to say he was embarrassed and that he didn't need his mother to help him find girl. Clearly, he did. ;)  ) But had he come in any other day he would never have met me. Also, I was starting a new job two weeks later. If Tony would have waited any longer, he never would have met me. I think there was someone much bigger than Tony's mom wanting us to meet. I would have to say that thanks to the big guy upstairs, we were both in the right place at the right time. God knows, we didn't know what the heck we were doing. Literally.

I'm so happy that Tony wasn't afraid to listen to his mom and came to find me. It only further proves, what's meant to happen will happen. I cannot wait to be his wife!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

And hey....what about those Packers, huh??? :)

Tony and I the first year we were dating.
My caption to this picture said
"With the love of my life"
This was 4 months after we met.
This still seems like yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment