Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Bathroom Renovation DAY #1

First rule of thumb: never stay home sick on the first day of a renovation. That's tear everything out day. Or in other words, non-stop pounding and dusty as heck day. A few ibuprofen (to lessen the hammering headache...no pun intended...ok maybe a little), some HGTV and couch time and I managed to rest and relax as much as I could.

8 hours later we have a "clean" slate. It's amazing how much easier it is to envision things when you have a completely empty room. And also what you find when it's an old farm house. We've got some lovely new floor tile and the husband thinks there was a fire at one time. I wish the walls could talk!

Here are our Day #1 bathroom pics:

How about this for our new tile?

Where the shower was.

Where the sink and toilet used to be.

According to my husband he's right on track and got everything done that he wanted to today. Tomorrow he's tackling insulation and electric. I'm really glad that he's super handy. And I'm delighted that all I have to do is tell him where I want things. I'm hoping to kick this nasty cold so I can go shopping (which is what I really do best) and pick out some neat things for the bathroom. Not to mention I now have a very dusty house that needs cleaning. This is a terrible time to be sick. But as usual I have impeccable timing.  Here's to hoping for a better tomorrow!

Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment