Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ready, Set, Reno!

It's here. The day we've been waiting for since we moved in.

The beginning of what will undoubtedly be a continuous couple weeks of cuss words, headaches and frustration.

Tomorrow is bathroom renovation day!

Even though I'm well aware that my husband and I are most likely in for a stressful undertaking, not being able to use our main bathroom and sharing a half bath, I'm excited to see the end result. That's right. HALF bath. No shower. We'll be showering at my parents place. Until it's done. No pressure to stay on schedule. At all.

Good Lord...I'd better stock up on wine.

The challenge for me will be keeping my mouth shut and not questioning my husband to death. I believe him to be totally capable, I really do. But I have this unnecessary need to know EVERYTHING that's going on and to understand every little thing. And I know it drives him crazy. But I'm just curious...

I'll just keep reminding myself to be patient and that he was very willing to let me pick everything out that I wanted in this bath. And he didn't ask questions. In fact, it may have been the very first time ever that he kept saying "whatever you want." Huh. He picked the biggest project we've worked on to let me make the decisions. This could be very important. It could make or break all of my future decision  making for all of our future ventures. Oh God.

There will definitely be wine in this house. Pronto.

* I am by no means a wine-o-holic or have any drinking addictions. It is a means of therapy. Simple, affordable, short term therapy.

I can't wait to see the progress throughout the week. Here's the before shots.

The bathroom housed the washer and dryer.

This is from the day we moved in.




Our gross, scuzzy shower. Ick.

The odd corner storage and random mirror.
Toilet is staying there but getting replaced.
Hoping to make it look a little less cramped.

Washer and dryer have moved downstairs. The
cupboards came down today. We have a good
sized bathroom!

The sink that lived in the corner. And isn't that
an awesome medicine cabinet and light fixture???

The husband is chomping at the bit. He had to get a head start by
hammering a hole in the wall. Boys...



Hope everyone had a great weekend. Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment