Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Crafty Sunday

Do you ever look around your house and see all these changes you want to make but you know it's just not feasible to do it all at once, or possible, for that matter? That's how I feel all the time. There is so much I want to do it gives me a headache. I don't think I'll ever get them done before we decide to make our move back into the country. BUT...I'm trying to make the most of it and make what we have cozy.

For starters...making your home have a fall vibe always helps make it feel homey. So this weekend, I pulled out some of my old fall decor and then decided to tackle a crafty project to create a new piece of my own.

After a trip to Hobby Lobby (AGAIN! I could live at that store!) I came home with some burlap (a little nicer than the stuff from the hardware store) and some yarn and was determined I could make something with it. I keep trying to come up with my own creative projects and stop relying so much on Pinterest. But let's face it. Pinterest is GENIUS. So I took a little of my own idea and combined it with what I've come across in some pins. So there....I can take a little credit.

I have a cheap canvas painting that I picked up at Goodwill a long time ago. I have it sitting on our bookshelf just to add some height and color to our dining room (I told you I make the best of what I have). But quite honestly it's not exciting and additionally, Tony HATES it. So what better canvas to test out my idea. It was soooo easy and it turned out really cute. MUCH better than the painting itself.



Afterwards, while cleaning up and getting the rest of my decor in it's place I thought "Oh wouldn't a little jute vase be cute right here...oh...hold up. I've got jute!" Then I ran downstairs and for the first time ever, Tony hadn't thrown out my saved bottles. Hallelujah! I sat down and 15 minutes later (ok maybe longer, I wasn't actually timing myself) I had a cute little vase. Score for me! Make that TWO crafty moments in ONE day!

Cute little jute vase!
And other than Tony thinking that I had incorporated a backwards J into my masterpiece, he liked my creations. (Seriously, we don't have a J in either of our names.....bahahahaha...I love that man!) Not to  mention, I wouldn't hang it backwards!!..... ;)

The odd T ;)
If you want to know how I made my cute creation check out Burlap Art here.

Tony even complimented my table centerpiece. It makes me happy that he notices these little touches. I'll even share these fall touches with you!

I added some textures for a fall centerpiece.


Natural textures. My jute vase looks right at home!
So there you have it. My fall accents to cozy up our home. I have a few more ideas in store to add for Halloween. I'll keep racking my brain and I'll be sure to share my ideas with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment