Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Fiance'!!

Happy Birthday to my super, duper, terrific, loving, caring and handsome fiance! (Yup, he'll hate me for that ;) )

I love birthdays! I really don't know why. I'd have to say it's because I like a celebration. Of just about anything. And what could be better than celebrating someone special? And I like surprises. I like being sneaky and super clever when it comes to giving gifts or planning things. It's almost as fun as getting a surprise.

But this year I seemed to have lost my touch. For the first time in 4 (birthday) years, I could not think of what to get Tony. I mean, I have been wracking my brain for the past couple of weeks to think of the perfect thing...and bam....it's his birthday and I have zero clever ideas. With the wedding and mini dining room makeover (currently in progress) I'm on a bit of a budget.

So this year I went with the safe choice of clothing. Boring! But necessary. (And homemade birthday cards. Clever, easy and personable. Score!) And miraculously I think he was happy with everything. Even the sweater. I believe it's the first sweater he's owned in 26 years. (And I will notice if he does or does not wear it.) AND I'm pretty sure he was telling me the truth that I did good....

I did my best to make it a special day for him. He woke up to a birthday note, I got up at 4AM to spend the morning with him (if that doesn't say I love you, I don't know what does!) and drink coffee (again...can we say love here? I haven't drank coffee in 29 years/11 months), he opened one present this morning, then came home to another note, had a birthday dinner and then got to open the rest of his presents. What I lack in funds, I certainly try to make up in creativity!

Happy Birthday Tony! I love you more than words can express!

After opening presents.
Rudy likes the paper.

One of my homemade "cards".


No comments:

Post a Comment