Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Better Late Than Never (my #1 moment)

Sorry I left you all hanging yesterday. It was indeed my birthday and my first day as a 30 year old and I just wasn't in the mood for blogging. The morning was a teeny bit rough (we celebrated Saturday night) but I did what every birthday girl should do....ate chocolate cake for breakfast. Cake makes everything better. (Note: being 30 doesn't make your nutritional decisions any smarter. Glad to know I haven't grown up too much...)

Even though we celebrated the night before (with friends, shots, family, shots, dancing, shots and more shots)...I wasn't ready to return to a normal schedule quite yet. Rather than stay home and relax from the most crazy, drunken night of my life fun and exciting night, Tony wanted to take me shopping. Twist my arm...

So I got ready for an afternoon out and it was just one of those days that even wearing glittery underwear made me feel special. It's not like anyone knew I was wearing them..."Hello I'm the birthday girl and I'm wearing sparkly underwear!" but that's just how I roll. Anything to make myself feel extra special. (And don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.) I made sure to rock my bling jeans for another day and I made certain to walk a little taller. I don't know what it is but I just love birthdays. And honestly, I'm kinda proud that I'm 30. Or maybe it was the fact that I'm pretty sure there was still alcohol in my system the next day. (Thank you to all my dear friends for buying me alllll. those. shots.) Whatever the reason was, I had a super great day and it definitely felt like MY day. :)

Now for my favorite memory in my 20's....(I'll bet you can all guess this one!)

Favorite Moment #1

Being proposed to by the person you want to spend the rest of your life with and who's your best friend.

At the rate we were going (he used the ENTIRE 5 year plan...fyi. Meaning by the time we get married we will have been together just about 5 years) and all the excuses that man used I was convinced he would never ask. I thought that he really had no idea if I was the one.

I was a little suspicious when he asked me to book a weekend up North as soon as I could. I mean...he doesn't decide what we are doing the coming weekend. But I didn't dwell on it and figured he just wanted us to be able to get away for a little while. Looking back I can see that there were actually numerous little hints but I was just convinced I was reading too much into things. You know...doing what 98% of the female population does.

He took me to Bond Falls, Michigan and we had a good old fashioned picnic, even using my Grandmother's picnic basket. He said he thought he wasn't feeling well and didn't know why he had the shakes. After lunch we were walking towards the waterfalls and I took his hand. Leave it to me to kill the moment and pick on him for his hands being sweaty. This is Mr. Smooth we are talking about here. I don't think he got sweaty hands when we first started dating. But it was also 80 degrees so I didn't think too much of it. I was just hoping that he wasn't getting sick!

As soon as we got to the waterfalls he left me briefly while I was snapping pictures with my camera. Next thing I know, he's on his knee and asking me to marry him. I was speechless. So speechless that I forgot to answer and had him briefly thinking I was going to say no. However, he had nothing to fear. He's my best friend, my partner in crime and the one I want to grow old with. After finally answering him and slipping a gorgeous ring on my finger we had a fantastic rest of the day. It was a day I will never forget and a night I have a hard time remembering. I know that we celebrated like rock starts. (I take it back...that may have been my most crazy night ever. I'm pretty sure we tried to drink every drop of alcohol all in one night.)

The whole weekend was absolutely amazing. We hiked, did a little tourist shopping, relaxed at the cabin, enjoyed some ice cream and had an awesome steak dinner. I can't wait for us to go back and relive it all again (except I won't make him sweat about popping the question) :)

I can't wait to marry this man and see what the next few years bring us!



No comments:

Post a Comment