Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The 3rd Of November

Today was a great day.

I have been looking forward to my step sister Kaylee being old enough to take shopping since she was 2 years old. I grew up an only child and I never had sisters to shop with. I certainly have gone shopping with my mom and girlfriends...but a sister is different. Sisters share things that they don't share with parents. We get each other in a way that friends don't. And even though there is a pretty big age gap, it was still a fun experience that I can't wait to repeat again.

We met for lunch, splurged on dessert and shopped till we dropped. She just turned 13 and since she's officially a teenager I wanted to help her feel like one...without the attitude of course! :)

I got her some fun colored new clothes, bath and body works and her very first lip gloss and eye shadow. I told her she should be allowed to be girly but being a "hootchy mama" is NOT allowed. (I hope I didn't just date myself saying "hootchy mama"). I taught her how to put it on lightly and even showed her how to style a new hairdo. It was a great girly day and watching that smile light up her face was worth every minute and penny spent.

I think it was more fun watching her get new things than getting myself anything....although she did help me pick out a new scent to wear for winter. Funny how excited she got helping me get something....

Now to my photo-a-day contest. Yesterday's topic was "Made of Wood" (and was a hard one to get creative with when it's supposed to reflect your "country" life...you can only take so many pictures of  trees or fence) and today's topic was "All American".

How do you think I did??

Day #2 "Made of Wood"
Rustic mailbox

 Day #3 "All American"

Small town football games.

No comments:

Post a Comment